Friday, November 14, 2008

I have to say it

There is so much that tells me I am not supposed to wear my political beliefs on my sleeve. As a teacher and as a writer I am around young people every day and all the time, around those of you who are gathering information, understanding truths, forming your opinions, and that these truths and opinions and beliefs have got to be yours. And I believe that. I know that. But I don't think it can hurt to just say a little bit of what I believe. To tell you that each night as I walk home from the subway, the long stretched out blocks from Flatbush to Franklin, and these posters



illuminated by bedroom lights and dining room lights, framed by curtains and fingerprint streaks, in barbershops and brownstones, these posters, I can't lie, make me crazy with delight and, well, hope. Every night. Without fail.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there I can't seem to find your e-mail so I suppose I can leave you a comment.
I would like to request a review copy of your upcoming book This Is What I Want To Tell you to read and review/recommend on my blog.
Thanks!
my email is

lc_intocable [at]yahoo [dot] com